Dogs donate blood – level 1
Dogs can get injured. Sometimes they need blood. Then you must get blood from another dog. This is not always easy or quick.
An animal hospital wants to help dogs. The hospital is in Taiwan. Dogs there can donate blood at the hospital. The dog must be between 1 and 8 years old. It must be over 20 kilograms heavy. It must be healthy.
The hospital wants to help cats and other pets, too.
Difficult words: need (if you need something, you must have it), blood (the red “water” inside the body), donate (give for free).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos