Dogs in Japanese offices – level 1
Fujitsu is a big tech company in Japan. The company does something similar to what people in Silicon Valley do.
Fujitsu is trying out a dog-friendly office. The office is near Tokyo. They will test it until the end of the year. The goal is to make employees feel better and work better. A study says that dogs at work help people talk more and feel happier with their job.
The dog office has a special carpet. The carpet does not get dirty. There is free dog food and a play area for the dogs. People with allergies or people who do not like dogs do not need to worry. They can still work in Fujitsu. There is a special elevator just for the dog area on the 25th floor.
Difficult words: goal (something what you wish to do or happen in the future), carpet (a thick material which people use to cover floors), allergy (the situation when you cannot eat some things or be in contact with something because your body has a strong reaction to it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other measures does Fujitsu take to make their employees feel better and work better?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.