Donkey is saved in Ireland – level 2
People saved a donkey from floods in Ireland after deep water stranded him. The team of brave rescuers put a lifebuoy on the animal’s neck and pulled him back to safety.
When Mike the donkey was back on land, he was very happy. You can see that he looks like he is smiling in a photograph!
Difficult words: floods (when water quickly covers the land), stranded (not able to move), lifebuoy (something like a balloon which keeps you above the surface of water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are there many floods in your country?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.