Dramatic moment on a railway – level 1
This happens at a train station. An old woman runs for her train. She falls onto the tracks. A soldier sees her. He runs to her. He helps her. He lifts her on the platform.
A train is coming. Everything happens before the train comes. The train must slam on its brakes.
There is a camera on the train. It captures this situation.
Difficult words: lift (move up), platform (area where people stand which is close to a railway), slam on the brakes (make a train or a car stop quickly).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you help the lady?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.