Dramatic Situation in the Himalayas – level 1
This story is about a man. He is from the USA. He is a university professor. He goes to Nepal. He climbs a mountain. The mountain is covered in ice.
There is a hole in the ice. It is 22 metres deep. The man falls in it. He doesn’t go all the way down. He stops somewhere in the hole. He cannot move. His arm and five ribs are broken.
He does not want to die. He climbs out of the hole. People find him the next day.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges does the man face as he climbs out of the hole?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.