Dutch Prince Nazi history – level 1
A historian finds a Nazi membership card of a Dutch prince. The card says that Prince Bernhard belongs to the NSDAP, Adolf Hitler’s party.
Prince Bernhard is born in 1911. He marries a Dutch royal lady in the 1930s. All his life, Bernhard says that he never belongs to NSDAP. He is only in their army. This makes many people angry. Now, when there is this old card, some people want to look into the problem more. Some other documents say that Bernhard ends in NSDAP in 1936. At the same time, he becomes engaged to Princess Juliana. She becomes queen later.
The Dutch government knows about the card, but they do not want to check it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think the Dutch government should do in regards to the card and Prince Bernhard?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.