Dying Birds – level 3
A new study surveyed hundreds of bird species in the USA and Canada and found that nearly a third of birds disappeared from most biomes since 1970. That is almost three billion birds.
According to the magazine Popular Science, today’s extinction rate is estimated to be 1,000 times greater than it was before humans.
Difficult words: disappear (die), biome (a large group of animals and plants, for example savanna or forest), extinction rate (the speed with which the animals are dying out).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos