Ear on the Arm – level 1
This news is from China. A man has a car accident. He loses his ear. Doctors try to help him. They make him a new ear.
They take a piece of his ribs. They make the piece into an ear. They put the ear under the skin of his arm. It grows there.
This takes 3 months. When it is finished, the doctors put it on the man’s head.
The man has many operations. He has many operations for more than his ear. He also has them for his skin and cheeks. He wants to have a normal life.
Difficult words: piece (a part, only a little), ribs (the bones of the chest – the part of the body with heart inside), cheeks (the sides of your face below the eye).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos