El Salvador accepts bitcoin – level 1
Politicians in El Salvador accept bitcoin as official money. Bitcoin is a type of electronic money. El Salvador is a country in Central America. El Salvador is the first country in the world which fully accepts bitcoin.
Many politicians say yes to bitcoin. Some politicians say no. One politician says that bitcoin in El Salvador is bad. Another politician says that bitcoin is important for El Salvador. It is important for technology, tourism, and money for the country.
Politicians in other countries says that bitcoin isn’t good because the price can change very fast. They say that some people use bitcoin for illegal activities.
The president of El Salvador says that bitcoin can help Salvadorians send money between countries. The president has more plans for bitcoin. He wants to use volcanoes to mine bitcoin in El Salvador.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.