Election in Bangladesh – level 1
An election happens in Bangladesh. Sheikh Hasina and her party win. They win for the third time.
The losers of the election say that the election is rigged. They do not respect that they lost. The prime minister says that the election is not rigged.
Some people fight in the streets. People who like one party fight people who like the other party. At least 17 people die.
Difficult words: election (when people elect/vote/choose the bosses of their country), party (a group of people in politics), rig (manipulate, control, fake).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos