Electric Cars in Norway – level 2
Norway has a plan for 2025. It wants all new cars which people buy there to be electric. It looks like the plan is working.
In 2018, the country set a world record for electric car sales when one third of all new cars were 100 percent electric. Five years ago, only 5.5 percent of new cars were electric.
Norway’s 2025 plan is very ambitious, but the government offers help if you buy a new electric car. You can have free parking and you do not have to pay some taxes.
Difficult words: set (make), sales (activity when you sell something), ambitious (a big idea that may not happen), tax (money which you pay to a government).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos