Elephant learns things in Singapore – level 3
This baby elephant doesn’t have a name yet, but she’s full of personality. The first elephant calf to be born in Singapore’s Night Safari in 6 years, she’s been trying to fit in with her new adult world, even if standing up is still a bit of a struggle.
She’s been joining in with her mother, 30-year-old Sri Nandong, with eating adult food and on walks. But her favourite activity is taking a bath in a perfectly sized paddling pool.
The baby elephant will be making her public debut at the end of this month.
Difficult words: paddling pool (a small, shallow pool for walking instead of swimming), debut (the first public appearance of something new).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos