Elephant Paints Pictures – level 1
Shanti is an elephant. She paints pictures. One picture costs 2000 dollars. Some people pay 2000 dollars for one picture.
Shanti painted 12 pictures but now she stops. The director of the Prague gallery knows why she stops. The director says, “Shanti was in a film. She is a star. Now she has depression. When the depression stops, she will paint again.”
Shanti does a good thing. The money from pictures helps elephants in Sri Lanka.
Difficult words: star (an actor, a musician or a sports player), depression (a time when you are not happy).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What ways are people in the Prague gallery helping Shanti manage her depression?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos