Elephant Saved – level 1
A farmer in an Indian village wakes up at night. He can hear an animal crying. He finds an elephant in his garden. The elephant falls in a well. A well is a deep hole in the ground. People get water from the well.
Luckily, there is not much water. The elephant does not die. But she cannot get out.
Rescuers try to get the elephant out. A vet makes the elephant fall asleep. He uses darts to make her fall asleep. Rescuers use cranes and trucks. They pull the sleeping animal out. It takes 14 hours to rescue the animal.
When the elephant wakes up, she is feeling good. She returns to the forest.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.