Emotions of Dogs – level 3
A study has found that dogs change their expression in direct response to human attention, i.e. producing far more expressions when they know that humans are watching them than when they are not.
One dog walker who was interviewed even said that he has noticed his dogs expressing true emotions such as ‘I’m scared’ and fake ones like ‘It wasn’t me’.
People previously thought that dog expressions were involuntary emotional displays rather than calculated attempts to communicate. The research, conducted by the University of Portsmouth, studied 24 dogs of various breeds, and the doctor who led the study believes the dog’s expressions are a result of domestication.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.