Erdogan of Turkey – level 1
Erdogan is a Turkish leader. He becomes the Prime Minister in 2003. He becomes the president of Turkey in 2014. In 2017, there is a referendum. People vote about the president’s powers. They vote for the president to have a lot of power.
Now in 2018, people vote for Erdogan again. He will be president for the next five years.
Difficult words: referendum (when people vote for something to change), power (when you can do something), will (in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos