EU bans Russian oil – level 1
EU leaders agree on more sanctions against Russia. They hope that the sanctions will make Russia stop the Ukraine.
Russia needs money for the war. Russia sells oil to the EU. The EU must not buy oil from Russia. They will buy no Russian oil by sea. The only exception now is the oil in pipes. The EU wants to ban 90% of Russian oil by the end of this year.
The EU will not let the biggest Russian bank in the global bank system. Also, they won’t let other countries do business with Russian companies. Another important rule is the EU blocks three Russian state media. They normally send news to the EU.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.