Euro 2016 in Paris – level 1
France is hosting the Euro 2016. France plays against to Portugal. At half time, the score is 0-0. People are angry. They set mopeds and cars on fire in Paris.
The end of the match happens. Portugal scores a goal. Portugal wins. The French get angry. They go to the streets. They let off some steam.
The Portuguese are in the streets, too. They are celebrating.
Difficult words: score (a number of goals), match (a game), let off some steam (let your “bad” emotions out).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.