European Parliament Election – level 1
People hold election for the European Parliament. The election happens from May 23rd to May 26th. Around 400 million Europeans can vote. This year, around 51% of them vote. That is around 203 million people.
Most people vote for pro-EU parties. These parties get 507 out of 751 seats in the parliament. Some people vote for nationalist parties. Nationalist parties usually do not like the EU. They usually want their country to be strong. Around 25% of people vote for nationalist parties.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.