European Union regulates AI – level 1
Europe makes stricter rules for artificial intelligence (AI). The rules say how governments can use AI.
These rules are about systems which watch people and systems like ChatGPT. Europe will be the first to make these laws. Leaders talk for a long time to agree on the rules. Computers to be clear before people and organizations can buy them. They will share how they work and what they learn. European Commission must know about all incidents and dangerous situations.
There are special video cameras. They watch people. They can scan their eyes. The new rule says that AI can watch only criminals or terrorists. It is not possible to watch people in the streets.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do the new rules for artificial intelligence in Europe say about when and how AI can watch people?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.