Europe’s night trains – level 2
The launch of a new affordable night train service from Brussels to Berlin by European Sleeper could have a big impact on rail travel in Europe.
The success of this train service will be very important for other planned night train routes and it will influence the EU’s ability to reduce carbon emissions. More and more people are looking for sustainable travel and an alternative to budget airlines, and the Brussels-Berlin service wants to offer this. The first reaction was positive but there are problems with financing and getting modern trains. Hopefully, there will be demand for night train services and it will support night train travel in Europe.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What challenges do you think European Sleeper and other night train routes will have to address when it comes to financing and modernizing trains?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.