Excited About School – level 1
This story is about two girls. They are from London. They are born conjoined. They are connected at the belly.
Doctors worry about them. Their situation is not good. The twins have only a 25% chance of survival.
The doctors operate on them. The operation is successful. The twins are fine.
Now, it is four years after the operation. The girls are going to school. They cannot wait! They want to be big girls. Big girls go to school.
Difficult words: conjoined (connected), chance of survival (the chance that you will stay alive), successful (good, everything is fine).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos