Exercise in Hanoi – level 2
Market vendors in Hanoi could not afford the gym and did not have time to exercise, but they wanted to be fit. They decided to exercise at work. They bought a speaker so everyone could join in, including the customers.
Vietnam’s capital is known for its unique exercise culture. Even in the early hours, you can see people exercising. Running and yoga are common, but there are more creative routines, too.
Difficult words: vendor (a person who sells something in the street), afford (have enough money to buy something), unique (special and rare).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos