Explosion in New York – level 3
CCTV footage captured the moment an explosion rocked a New York neighbourhood on Saturday. It shows passers-by running away from the blast in the district of Chelsea.
The explosion, reportedly from a shrapnel-filled pressure cooker, injured 29 people. A second device similar in design was found four blocks away and police destroyed it.
The governor of New York Andrew Cuomo vowed to bring those responsible to justice.
Difficult words: blast (an explosion), shrapnel (pieces of a something after an explosion that fly through the air and can hurt people), vow (promise).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos