Facebook changes name – level 1
The company Facebook changes its name. The new name will be Meta. The company wants to build the Metaverse. The Metaverse is a place in virtual reality. A computer makes it. People can meet there.
Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg says that the main idea is still the same. The idea is to bring people together but in virtual reality.
Recently, Facebook has many problems. Secret documents say that some Facebook users have problems with their mind. The company also deletes some things. Users are angry.
Some people say that Facebook changes its name because of these problems. Some people do not like Facebook anymore. Facebook can change again when the name changes.
Difficult words: meta (the idea that you can think about your thoughts), virtual reality (images and places which look real but a computer makes, them, and a person can take part in them), secret (something what people do not know about).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.