Facebook changes name – level 2
The company Facebook changed its name to Meta. Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that the company’s goal was still the same, and it still wanted to bring people together.
Now the company wanted to focus on virtual reality more and to build the metaverse. The company had many problems recently when some secret documents said that Facebook could badly impact some people’s mental health. Facebook also had problems with its content and false information, which were bad for its reputation.
Some people believe that by changing the name, the company wants to improve its reputation and change the negative feelings which some people have about Facebook. It also shows what the company wants to do in the future.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.