Facebook Employees – level 1
Facebook wants to hire 10,000 workers this year. They are product and engineering workers. Facebook is very lucky. There are few companies hiring new people now.
The situation is very difficult for many US companies. This is because of the coronavirus. People must not stay too close to each other. It slows down the coronavirus.
However, many companies have money problems because of this. These are companies like restaurants or travel agencies. People lose their jobs. Small businesses close down. Bigger companies do not make things.
In March, 10 million people lose their job in the US. Facebook wants to help. Facebook decides to give $100 million to small businesses.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.