Facebook Money – level 1
Facebook talks about its plans. It is working on a digital currency. The currency is called Libra. The project has help from big partners like Mastercard, PayPal and Uber.
People can use Libra in 2020. They can send Libra in Messenger and WhatsApp. There will be a new app, too. It is called Calibra. It will be a digital Libra wallet. Other apps can use Libra, too.
Libra is similar to bitcoin. Facebook is doing this so people can send money around the world for free. However, some people do not trust Facebook. For example, some people worry that Facebook can look at how much Libra they have.
Difficult words: currency (money), will (in the future), trust (if you trust somebody, you know that he or she is good).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos