Facebook Political Ads – level 1
People can advertise on Facebook. Some advertisements are political. The political advertisers must tell Facebook who they are. They also must say where they are. However, some advertisers give fake information.
This year, the advertisers must give Facebook more information. Facebook is doing this to make sure that the advertisers are real. If everything is fine, Facebook calls them a “Confirmed Organization.” This way, people know that the political organization is real. People can ask the advertisers questions, too.
Difficult words: advertise (put up advertisements [ads], something which tells you what to think/buy/do), advertiser (a person or organization who advertises something), confirmed (real, true, not fake).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.