Fake leopard escapes – Level 1
Police, emergency workers and zoo workers work together. They want to be ready if a natural disaster happens. They want to be ready if an animal escapes. They fake a snow leopard escape.
A zoo worker wears special clothing. He looks like a snow leopard. He runs around the zoo.
Other zoo workers want to catch him. He pushes over one of them. They shoot a fake tranquiliser dart at him. He lies on the ground.
Difficult words: escape (to get free), natural disaster (a bad event from nature such as an earthquake – when the ground shakes, big water, etc.), tranquiliser dart (a thing with a drug inside for making an animal go to sleep).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the zoo’s drill?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.