Family in a Plane Crash – level 3
A small plane carrying a family sparked a major fire when it hit two homes in Southern California. The plane had just taken off from an airport, and was en route to San Jose where the family lived.
The local Fire Chief said that firefighters recovered four deceased victims and continued to search for survivors. A member of the family on the plane, a teenage girl, flew from the plane on impact but only had minor injuries. She is now recovering in hospital.
Difficult words: spark (start), en route (on the way), deceased (dead).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.