Family Saves Bear – level 1
A family goes fishing. They are in a boat on a lake. They see something in the water. It looks like a bear.
The family moves the boat closer to the animal. The animal is a baby black bear. The bear has a plastic tub on its head. This is very dangerous. The bear tries to swim. However, water is in the tub.
The family decides to save the bear. The woman drives the boat. The man wants to take the tub off the bear’s head. At first, the man cannot do it. After a while, the man gets the tub off the bear’s head. The bear swims to the shore.
In the past, bears do not live in this area. However, the number of bears is growing. It is more common to see bears in the area.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.