Family with six fingers – level 1
The World Cup takes place in Brazil this year. A Brazilian family watches the games. The family wants Brazil to win. The people in the family give energy to Brazil.
This family is also special. The members have six fingers on each hand and foot. They think that this will help Brazil win. If Brazil wins, it will be for the 6th time!
Difficult words: take place (happen), energy (positive thoughts), member (person), each (every).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you watching the World Cup?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.