Famous couples in 2021 – level 2
Many famous people got together in 2021, and many couples broke up, too.
Model and entrepreneur Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West announced that they were getting divorced. The couple were married for seven years, and they had four children. The media said that West bought a house close to his ex-wife and children, so they could still see each other.
Another couple, who broke up last year, were Bill and Melinda Gates. They decided to divorce after 27 years because they could not grow together as a couple anymore. Tesla boss Elon Musk and singer Grimes also split, but they stayed close because they wanted to care for their one-year-old son.
Also, fans were happy when they found out that singer Jennifer Lopez and actor Ben Affleck were together again. The couple split 17 years ago, and they started to date again in September. 2021 was also a good year for singer Britney Spears. In September, she said that she would marry her boyfriend Sam Asghari, and two months later, a court said that her father would no longer be responsible for her or her money.
Difficult words: break up (to end a relationship), entrepreneur (a business person), split (to divide or break into parts).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos