Famous couples in 2021 – level 3
2021 brought together many couples; however, it also had heartaches.
Model and entrepreneur Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from rapper Kanye West after almost seven years of marriage. The couple have four children, and reportedly, Kanye purchased a house near their home in Los Angeles, California, so he could be close to his family.
American business magnate Bill Gates and his wife Melinda announced their divorce after 27 years of marriage, saying that they no longer believed that they could grow together as a couple. Tesla CEO and rocket manufacturer Elon Musk and singer Grimes announced that they were ’semi-separated’; however, they stayed on good terms to co-parent their one-year-old son. Singers Shawn Mendez and Camila Cabello said that they had broken up, saying that the relationship was not growing.
American singer Jennifer Lopez and actor Ben Affleck reunited after 17 years apart, which delighted fans. In September, Britney Spears announced her engagement to long-time boyfriend Sam Asghari, just weeks before a Los Angeles court ended her 13-year conservatorship which gave her back control of her personal life and money.
Difficult words: file (to start a formal process), magnate (a wealthy and influential business person), conservatorship (a court event at which a judge appoints a person to take legal responsibility over someone).).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos