Fashion Companies and the Environment – level 1
The fashion industry is not good for the natural world. Now people want to buy clothes from companies which care about the natural world.
Many countries sign the Paris deal in 2016. Sixteen of the biggest companies want to change their business. They want to use better materials. They want to make less waste.
They promise that they will care about their workers more. A new study says that the companies are not successful. Companies have the biggest problems with waste and workers´ rights. It is not good news for consumers.
The biggest fashion companies must change many things. If not, people will buy clothes from smaller companies which care about the natural world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.