Fast car in Indianapolis – level 1
This happens in the USA. A man steals a car. He drives it. Police wants to stop him, but he does not stop.
Police chase the man. He drives very fast. He drives more than 100 miles per hour (160 kilometres per hour). The man drives into a city. He crashes into another car. He gets out of the car. He tries to run away. Police catch him.
Difficult words: steal (it is not his car and he takes it), chase (follow), crash (hit).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is your car fast?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.