Fast Train in China – level 3
Hong Kong opened a new high-speed train link to inland China which cut down the journey from Hong Kong to Shenzhen by 45 minutes. The new system cost 10 billion US dollars, took eight years to complete and will carry over 80,000 passengers daily.
The new speedy mode of transport provoked protests outside the station over Beijing’s increasing influence in the Hong Kong region.
Difficult words: influence (power).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.