Feel Invisible Things – level 2
Ultrahaptics from Bristol University in England is a new ultrasound technology. It lets you feel and use buttons or other things in the air. You do not touch anything; it only feels like you do.
The team hopes that the technology will be used to control household devices, buttons in an elevator or in hospitals. Ultrahaptics makes interaction with devices cleaner because you do not need to touch anything.
It can be used for virtual reality, too, as it can mimic many 3D objects. The technology is already patented, but it can take a while until we will use it in everyday life.
Difficult words: device (a piece of technology), interaction (communication, using), mimic (imitate).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.