FIFA’s Sepp Blatter Resigns – level 1
FIFA is in crisis. The FBI investigates FIFA. The FBI arrests some FIFA officials. FIFA’s president reacts. He resigns.
His name is Sepp Blatter. He is 79 years old. He was the president of FIFA from 1998 to 2015.
Difficult words: crises (a very bad situation), investigate (to find the truth about something), official (somebody in a position of authority), resign (to leave a job).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Is FIFA corrupt?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.