Fight in Nepal’s Parliament – level 1
This news is from Nepal’s Parliament. Politicians work on a new constitution. They talk but it does not go well. Some politicians get angry. They step on desks and throw chairs.
People must stop the meeting. They plan it for later.
Difficult words: parliament (a big room where politicians meet and talk), politician (somebody who makes rules for other people), constitution (a country’s most important paper which tells people the rules for that country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you interested in politics?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos