Finnish Sauna – level 1
UNESCO is a very important organization. UNESCO makes a list of buildings and traditions. It helps protect them for future generations. UNESCO puts new things on the list every year.
The Finnish sauna gets on the list this year. The Finnish sauna is a part of Finland’s culture. It is thousands of years old. Almost every person goes to a sauna in Finland. The sauna makes people healthier. It is a good way to relax, too. About three million saunas are in Finland.
35 things get to the list in 2020. The things are a part of a country’s culture. These things are, for example, Czech glass products and Japanese art from wood.
Difficult words: generation (all the people who are born at about the same time), list (things that are similar in a way, and people write them together on a piece of paper), sauna (a small room which is very hot and people sit inside and relax).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.