Fire on a Chinese bus – level 1
Chinese police release a video. The video is from a bus. It is full. There are around eighty people on it. It goes through a city centre. A man puts oil on the floor. He sets it on fire.
He injures thirty-two passengers. Sixteen of them have serious injuries. They are at hospital.
Police still don’t know the man’s name. The man is in hospital, too.
Difficult words: release (let people see), passenger (somebody who travels on a vehicle), serious (bad), injury (to be hurt).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How would you punish the man who started the fire?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.