Fire on German-Czech border – level 1
The Bohemian Switzerland National Park is in the Czech Republic. It is close to Germany.
The park is very popular with tourists. 400,000 people visit it every year. Beautiful paths are there. People can see tall sandstone mountains. The largest sandstone arch in Europe is there.
Also, every summer there are fires. A big fire starts in the park last week. It is bigger than usual. People can smell the smoke 180 kilometers away. Firefighters evacuate several villages. Strong winds bring the fire closer to Germany.
Authorities say that a camper starts the fire. He is not careful in the hot and dry weather.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.