Firefighters save a dog – level 1
This happens in Santiago, Chile. A fire breaks out in an old building. It starts on the 12th floor of the building.
A dog is in danger. It has a few burns on its body. Firefighters find the dog. It is unconscious because of the smoke.
The firefighters take the dog. They help him by putting on an oxygen mask. The dog is with its family now. It is getting better and better.
Difficult words: break out (start), danger (it can get hurt or die), unconscious (not able to see, move or feel), oxygen mask (thing that goes on your face and helps you breathe).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Many people feel more sorry for a hurt animal than for a hurt man. Why do you think that is?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos