Firefighters save a man – level 1
This happens in China. A man wants to kill himself. He is in a basement. He has a tank with gas. He lets the gas out.
Firefighters come to him. They find the tank. It is already on fire. One firefighter takes the tank. He removes it out of the building.
Luckily, the man injures nobody. Police arrest him.
Difficult words: basement (room which is under the level of the ground), tank (a container which has gas inside), arrest (take to police station because you did something people think is wrong).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are firefighters in your country paid enough?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.