Firenado Melts Fire Hose – level 1
In Canada, there are many wildfires. Firefighters are fighting one. A firenado picks up their hose. It pulls it 100 feet into the air. Then it melts the hose.
A firenado comes from a mix of wind, heat, and hot ground temperatures. The mix creates air that moves up. The air pulls in fire and small things.
Difficult words: firenado (a fire tornado), melt (make soft or turn to liquid – something like water), temperature (how hot or cold something is).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos