Fireworks factory explodes – level 2
Something set off gunpowder in a fireworks factory in Colombia. The whole factory got on fire and caused huge explosions. A local camera man was filming when the factory exploded. The explosion threw him off his feet, but he was not seriously hurt.
A woman described the situation as terrifying and as something she does not want to go through again.
It took firefighters more than 6 hours to control the blaze fully. The explosion damaged a few homes and it stopped traffic on a nearby highway.
Difficult words: set off (to light on fire), huge (very big), blaze (a big fire).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos