First Chinese Plane – level 3
The first Chinese-built passenger jet, C919, designed to compete with the Airbus 320 and the Boeing 737, took to the skies on its maiden flight.
The plane took off from Shanghai’s Pudong International Airport for an 80-minute flight.
The Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (Comac) made the jet, and the state media described the plane’s debut as ‘another fulfilment of a Chinese dream.’
Difficult words: maiden (the first).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.