First electric plane – level 1
US company Eviation makes a special plane. It is the first fully electric plane. The plane is called Alice.
Last week, it takes off in Washington, US. The flight is eight minutes long. Nine passengers and two pilots can be on the plane. The plane is very quiet. It makes almost no gases. 21,500 batteries power the plane. They weigh 4 tonnes. They are a half of the plane’s weight.
The plane is very different. It is cheap to fly the plane. Nobody knows if electric planes will be a normal way to travel. The work to make them are very expensive.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.